400 Years Of Inequality Timeline
The 400 Years of Inequality Timeline is a powerful tool for studying the history, ingenuity, oppression and resilience of black and indigenous people in America. Designed by students at Columbia University, the timeline and its complementary curriculum are free to download.
- Consider donating a vinyl timeline banner and curriculum to your local high school, university African American studies program, library or church.
- Consider incorporating a meditation on the timeline into your church service or retreat.
- Consider these questions:
- Where does your family's history start on the timeline?
- Were your ancestors involved in any of the events or movements noted on the timeline? Did they uphold elements of institutional racism or participate in the Atlantic Slave Trade? Or fight it?
- What about you?